03 Feb Director of Product Design
The Director of Product Design would be responsible for the following:
– Hire and develop managers, leads, and designers to meet business demands and employee development needs
– Lead and coordinate the local team WIP and critique sessions
– Be the point of contact for local product design team (the local design leader)
– Work with the GM Design and other Product Design Directors on key strategic issues
– Define the UX strategy and contribute to the product strategy of the sub-portfolio / product area
– Provide a clear mission to the product design team and empower them to solve the customer problem
– Collaborate with other Product Design Directors to ensure experiences across products are cohesive and connected
– Advocate for data-driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation
– Along with your design team, produce and share prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – both the interaction flow and visual design solution
– Collaborate with the product team to implement and improve design patterns, and when needed invent new design patterns
– Work closely with the Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to deliver attractive product interfaces and processes
– Work with Product leaders (e.g. GM Product) to resolve management issues
– Build and maintain positive relationships with other functions
– Maintain regular catch ups with your manager (frequency variable as needed)
– Promote design thinking across the entire business, so teams think in terms of delivering a beautiful, simple, and smart user experience
– Partner with product leaders, contribute to, evangelise and enable design-led processes for creating product vision and roadmap
– Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials.
Key Requirements for the Role:
– Significant experience leading multidisciplinary design teams working on complex software.
– Demonstrable success in creating, launching, scaling and maintaining digital products.
– Deep understanding of the design process and best practices and proven ability to define and improve a team’s design practices.
– A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent and leading with positivity and inspiration.
– Ability to navigate ambiguity, create clarity and drive design excellence throughout the organisation.
– Excellent collaboration skills and ability to create long-lasting trusted partnerships that enable teams to make better products and experiences.
– Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations.
– Ability to influence and speak the language of business and design simultaneously and to mixed audiences.
– A genuine eagerness to work with mentor, encourage and learn from a diverse and talented team.
Get a chance to work for a company that promotes work-life balance, inclusivity and diversity, all while offering flexible work arrangements and wholesome remuneration packages. If this role is something that aligns with your skill set and interests, apply for the role through the link.
Apply for this Job